Sunday 12 April 2015

Hello! I'm back!

Oh my goodness! Just where does the time go?!
I can't believe my last blog was in December 2012! I started my blog during a short period of sickness from work and was completely self taught! To be honest, I'm amazed I ended up with a blog that I am extremely proud of, as I am certainly no youngster and no 'techie'. Even at the time of my last blog I didn't really know what I was doing and if it turned out ok, it was definitely much more by luck than judgement, believe me! But once I went back to work I seemed to have less and less time to do it although I really wanted to. At the time I wanted to add photo albums to my blog, of stitching I had already completed, WIPs and future projects but I couldn't master that bit and found it really frustrating. I was also having trouble leaving comments on other's blog sites I was following (who might have been able to advise me how to do the albums as they had them on theirs). With no one to ask and less time than liked the inevitable happened and I gave up.
I don't get anywhere near as much time as I would like to stitch as I have a full time (very demanding and extremely stressful) job. Yes, I'd like to leave and find something else but it's not that simple. Further to that, and most importantly, I love to spend time with my family especially my seven year old Grandaughter, Ellie who we look after three out of every four weekends as her Mum now works. Both my daughters, Laura and Katt (Katie) live locally but my son, Kyle is currently travelling in the Far East for nearly a year and then going on to work in Australia for a year. So I absolutely miss him like mad, despite the fact that he does a very good impression of being a pain in the you-know-what every so often when he's here! And then there's all those boring mundane chores that need doing when I'm not working! Don't you just hate those and wish they weren't necessary! I also love a good book when I have a chance to lose myself for a while and love gardening when the weather allows but all this cuts down on my stitching time and doing a blog. However, whilst I was looking at 'My Big Toe' designs (do you ever wonder why they came up with that as a name for their company??!!) on Sewandso.co.uk last night for a chart I'd like to do for my best friend from school (1970 - 1977) I came across a copy of the chart I eventually chose on someone else's blog spot and it made me think about my own stitching blog. Finding my blog site wasn't a problem. It was remembering how to get on it and be able to edit it that was! Eventually, after an hour or so, as you can see I made it but I'll probably need a refresher on how to get back to it next time! Lol! So I have decided to try and start up with regular posts again. Not sure how often yet but definitely more often that two years! Lol! Think I need to find some tutorials on Blogger blog site to make it a bit easier for this old bird to understand first though. I have also, recently treated myself to an iPad and am a little dismayed to see I can't do as much on my blog as I could from my PCs so that's a bit frustrating! 
So hope you'll still want to come along for the ride which I think will possibly also include other none stitching comments, like our planned trip later this year to Malaysia and Singapore to meet up with Kyle for a few days and celebrate our wedding anniversary  and then our two new fur babies who are due on 18th April but that's all for another time.............
So bye for now.
Love, hugs and God Bless.
Jane X
Ps. BTW Laura and I did get to that craft exhibition in December 2012 and whilst there were some amazing crafts there, there was very little cross stitch so it was a bit disappointing from that point of view. But it was was a lovely day out and nice for us to spend some quality Mum and Daughter time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment